PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSE
Self Paced Course for THERAPISTS
7-Step Affair Recovery Method – Certification course for therapists
Helping a couple through the process of affair recovery is difficult for most therapists. Common methods such as CBT or EFT therapy have had limited success when working with the distressed and traumatized couple. Research shows the average couple attends 1 to 3 sessions before terminating.
The 7-Step Infidelity Recovery Method helps alleviate this issue by offering the couple a 7- step “coaching style” program. The word “coaching” in itself, offers hope and a chance for improvement of both the individual, and the relationship. Hope and the “chance to complete all 7-Steps” keep the distressed couple in therapy for the programs duration, and therefore has a greater chance for the therapist to achieve the therapy & program goals.
Each step aims to answer and treat, specific affair related questions and personal injuries. At the same time, the couple is provided skill base training in many areas, so to change the conditions of current relationship environment. By providing the individual the skills they need to have a positive and loving relationship during the affair recovery process – the individual is able to feel hope for a more loving and emotionally connected future relationship.
The course offers an understanding into seven specific types of affairs, and how your treatment program should differ based on the type of affair.
The course also offers a suggested 12-Session Affair Recovery Program to help the therapist implement the 7-step infidelity recovery method into their current practice.
On completion of this course, the professional will feel confident in treating all couples in affair recovery.
Course Aims and Outcomes:
By course completion, the student will be able to:
- Understand Affair Types
- Assign an affair type to the infidelity
- Understand the effect an affair type has on the current relationship, and future relationship.
- Create a treatment program around the affair type
- Understand the individual needs (of the unfaithful spouse and the betrayed spouse), both short term and long term, based on affair type.
- Understand the key issues in affair recovery for long term mental health benefits
- Use the 7-Step Infidelity Recovery Program to guide the Affair Recovery journey.
- Use “coaching” as a method, alongside of therapy methods
- Use experiential teaching/homework methods with couples
- Expand your therapy practice into new areas – For example: you will learn how to expand your current practice with offering “Online therapy”, as you are now “coaching”.
- Build a referral network to your practice
- Use a 90 Day Marketing Plan to introduce the 7-Step Infidelity Recovery Program into their community
- The 7-Step Infidelity Recovery Model
- The 7 Steps
- Affair Story
- Personal healing
- Sex & Intimacy
- Emotional Needs
- Moving Forward
- The 7 Types of Affairs
- Review of each affair Type
- One Night Stand
- Avoidance Affairs
- Conflict avoidance
- Sexual avoidance
- Entitlement Affairs
- Exit Affairs
- Split Self Affairs
- Sexual Addiction Affairs
- Modifying the treatment program to affair type
- Review of each affair Type
- Pulling it all together
- Suggested 12 session program
- Selling the model as a program
- Wrapping Up
- Tools & Resources
- The 7 Steps
- Marriage expectations
- Communication –
- Gottman’s – 4 Horsemen
- Gary Smalley – Breaking the argument cycle
- Relationship Love Maps/Quizzes
- Relationship Moving Forward Contract
- Coach Specific personal improvement
- Pre session personal preparation
- Intake Checklist for coaches
Online Infidelity Recovery Coach Course Includes:
- Module Materials,
- Certificate of Completion,
- Tools & Forms
Course Teacher: Dr. Savannah Ellis
Assistant teacher: Sabeen Johnson
Helping individuals and couples is my passion and purpose in life. I have never regretted leaving Corporate Australia to pursue my passion of becoming a counselor. I learn and grow daily, and it is an honor when people allow me into their lives.
- Savannah is the founder of the Infidelity Recovery Institute. IRI provides coaching, training and certification programs to coaches, therapists, counselors, and clergy. The training programs include: The 7 Step Infidelity Recovery Method Certification Program; Life Coaching Certification; Prepare Enrich Certification; The 6-Figure Coaching Business.
- Savannah has authored four books, Reboot your Relationship; “I Cheated”: Affair Recovery Guide for the Unfaithful Partner; Cheating, Spying, & Lying; How to date Women.
- Savannah is a regular guest on various radio and television shows in both Australia & the USA.
- Savannah is regularly featured and interviewed in magazines, Elle Magazine, May 2014, the Australia Coaching Federation Magazine, 2014.
- Savannah holds Psychology degrees from Monash University, Australia: Bachelor Behavioral Science (BBSc), and post graduate degrees in Clinical Psychology. She also has many years of business management and coaching experience, and holds Management qualifications: Master Business Administration (MBA) and a Doctor Business Administration (DBA).
Savannah is a member of the Australian Psychological Association (APA), an Associate Fellow Member of the Australian Institute of Management (AFAIM), and a Certified Prepare & Enrich Facilitator .
Become a Certified Infidelity Recovery Specialist
Self Paced Online Program